- clunky and inconvenient
- potential finger-pinchers
- damaging to walls/doorways/banisters
- in the way when they aren't in use
- in the way when they ARE in use
- inconvenient to pass through
- don't always accommodate any door size
- basically an eyesore in any décor
However even the most expensive high-tech gates still fall into almost every single 'annoying category' above. And with my girl Delly joining her sister in the ranks of very mobile, I'm getting my share of exercise even without my two mile run. The most common view of my babes is their
After doing a little Googling, I came to discover there IS such a thing. And everyone SHOULD have one.
Reading through their website, I realized it’s all the things I could want a gate to be! Annnnnd... it rolls up into a neat little (almost invisible) roll when not in use! All I could think was... 'how does every mom NOT know about this? Why aren't these in every home with children?' Seriously.
I read on to find that the company is right here in Iowa! Which is a major bonus, since I love to buy local. After contacting them to introduce myself and tell them I'm from Iowa too(!!), they offered to send me one of their gates for free, to review! Holy-heck-YES. Needless to say, I was overjoyed!
You should be overjoyed too... because:
they're giving away one 52" Retract-A-Gate to one of our readers!
This company has managed to come up with a design that corrects every single frustrating factor mentioned above. And… wait for it….
YOU ONLY NEED ONE GATE.
It’s true. The roll pops right off the wall and can be taken to another doorway and snapped on, lickity-split! You can buy as many 'bracket adapters' as you need!
When we head upstairs for baths in the evenings, we just grab the roll and head up with the girls, snap it on at the top of the stairs… and let the girls have the run of the second floor!
You can even do this:
My life just got about 10 million times easier.
Hello baby. Can’t get out of there and get into trouble anymore, huh?
So here’s how the giveaway works:
- Comment on this post and tell me your most prominent 4th of July memory you can conjure up. Does it involve illegal fireworks? Or getting hit in the face with a frisbee? Or parades? Or vacations? We used to go to the fireworks when I was a little tyke, and I would hide under the blanket because the loud popping noises scared me. Now I love fireworks! (also, I may or may not have been hit in the face with a frisbee).
- Wishing me a Happy 30th Birthday (tomorrow!) will not help your chances of winning, but it will make me smile. And smiling is my favorite.
- Giveaway runs today through Thursday night at midnight. I’ll be announcing the winner this Friday (via Random.org) when I post the girls’ FINAL WEEKLY PICTURE. *tears!* Because they’re turning 1 on Sunday. :(
- Tell all your friends! Or anyone you know with babes, or small children, or a bun-in-the-oven!
- One comment per email address.
- Be sure to leave your email so I can reach you!
- EXTRA CREDIT! You may have an additional entry if you put a link to this post on your Facebook wall! And if you do, leave a second comment letting me know you did so!
- Go check out Retract-A-Gate's website to learn even more about their superb gates! They make baby gates AND doggy gates!!
- Make a conscious decision to be awesome today.
This Giveaway is now CLOSED.